1 Large cauliflower head, without leaves
2 tbs. Garam Masala
For the Curry sauce
5 tbs. yellow curry paste
1 ½ cup of water
1 liter coconut milk
4 tbs. Sugar
¼ cup fish sauce (available in health food stores or spice stores)
1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
8 kaffir lime leaves
For the dough
1 cup flour
4 tbs. clarified butter (ghee)
8 tbs. cold water
A pinch of salt
How to prepare:
1. Prepare the dough - in a bowl, mix flour, salt and clarified butter until reaching a crumbly dough (as a sable’s dough). Pour in water and knead until reaching unified dough for 10-15 minutes (if required, add more water).
2. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and let dough rest for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove dough and flatten it to circles the size of a heat resistant plate that can be place in an oven.
3. Prepare the Curry sauce - in a medium pot, cook all the ingredients to a boil. Remove from stove.
4. Bake the cauliflower - season the cauliflower with the Garam Masala mixture, wrap well with aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven in 250 Degrees Celsius.
5. After 20 minutes, remove aluminum foil from cauliflower and let brown in the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove cauliflower from oven, let cool and break into smaller flowers.
6. Place cauliflower in a deep, heat resistant baking dish, pour curry sauce over the cauliflower until reaching its middle line and cover with the round sheet of dough. Place in the hot oven and let bake for 5-8 minutes or until the dough reaches a semi-golden color.